• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MME4CT Windows Support
(02-14-2019, 04:43 PM)alphanu Wrote: MME4CRT now has a new options 

1. This option uses dynamic widths to output video for most GPUs. This is experimental at the moment but will get a lot better over time. Feedback from every one using it will help to narrow down the best pixel clocks to use on different hardware.

2. X-axis centring. this allows you to re-position the screen so your game stays centred. This is done while keeping the original video size to match original hardware.

I have also modified the porch algorithm for super resolutions to remove the huge over scan.

Hello, alphanu.
I'd like to know if MM4CRT for Windows is still limited to AMD GPUs + Calamity driver?
Congrats for your amazing work. Keep it up!
Ask you windows support questions here
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

Hey @naytai  welcome.

No it is not. There are methods to use Intel and Nvidia. This will be posted in the knowledge base section  soon.

My Intel SkullCanyon that has only HDMI wont benefit for this isnt it? Atleast I can use other graphics card which is fine.
(02-18-2019, 06:37 PM)suverman Wrote: My Intel SkullCanyon that has only HDMI wont benefit for this isnt it? Atleast I can use other graphics card which is fine.

Actually there are cheap passive HDMI to VGA adapters. So, yes it could. 

Look here

I have tested one with a Raspberry PI 15@khz. They work really well.

(02-18-2019, 09:35 PM)alphanu Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 06:37 PM)suverman Wrote: My Intel SkullCanyon that has only HDMI wont benefit for this isnt it? Atleast I can use other graphics card which is fine.

Actually there are cheap passive HDMI to VGA adapters. So, yes it could. 

Look here

I have tested one with a Raspberry PI 15@khz. They work really well.

Woah, thats a game changer then!
(02-15-2019, 01:28 PM)alphanu Wrote: Hey @naytai  welcome.

No it is not. There are methods to use Intel and Nvidia. This will be posted in the knowledge base section  soon.

Great work - I've been using the mainline Retroarch with CRT emudriver on an old AMD card, but I'm looking forward to pitching it and using built in intel for retro and the Nvidia for modern titles. Any update to when the guide for Intel/Nvidia cards will be available? 

Thanks again for all the effort - it's been amazing to play on an old school TV so easily!!
(03-01-2019, 07:59 PM)r3ddvil Wrote:

Great work - I've been using the mainline Retroarch with CRT emudriver on an old AMD card, but I'm looking forward to pitching it and using built in intel for retro and the Nvidia for modern titles. Any update to when the guide for Intel/Nvidia cards will be available? 

Thanks again for all the effort - it's been amazing to play on an old school TV so easily!!

Intel and Nvidia cards work with ease on Linux. To get them working on window you need to use CRU (Custom resolution utility) to install all the video modes needed. the resolution list can be found in the knowledge base here.

(03-04-2019, 06:28 PM)alphanu Wrote:

Intel and Nvidia cards work with ease on Linux. To get them working on window you need to use CRU (Custom resolution utility) to install all the video modes needed. the resolution list can be found in the knowledge base here.

Thanks, I'll look in to this tonight. Question - with this method, does retroarch need to be running on the main display like with the AMD crt_emudriver method? In my current setup, I am currently using an AMD card outputting DVI-I through a VGA/Component transcoder to my TV. My plan, is swap the AMD card out, replace it with a 1050Ti I have on hand, but that cards lacks a DVI-I/Analog port, although the motherboard has a VGA out for the integrated graphics (kaby lake HD6300). Do you have any experience with multiple video cards and CRT switching (ie. using NVIDIA for modern games and outputting retroarch through the IG)?

Thanks!
(03-04-2019, 09:31 PM)r3ddvil Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 06:28 PM)alphanu Wrote:

Thanks, I'll look in to this tonight. Question - with this method, does retroarch need to be running on the main display like with the AMD crt_emudriver method? In my current setup, I am currently using an AMD card outputting DVI-I through a VGA/Component transcoder to my TV. My plan, is swap the AMD card out, replace it with a 1050Ti I have on hand, but that cards lacks a DVI-I/Analog port, although the motherboard has a VGA out for the integrated graphics (kaby lake HD6300). Do you have any experience with multiple video cards and CRT switching (ie. using NVIDIA for modern games and outputting retroarch through the IG)?

Thanks!

As far as I am aware on board GPUs are disabled as soon as a PCI one has been installed. This means there is no way to use them together. It is possible to use multiple installed GPUs, however, you would need to PCie slots to do this.