• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MME4CT Windows Support
this is not true, some intel mainboard have a function called multi display, i think asus have it.. u can connect 3 monitors when u enabled it... 2 on gpu and 1 on intel gpu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoktTdEZFE i think this is a example
Oh, thats fair enough. However, as you have stated only some mother boards support this feature.
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

(03-04-2019, 06:28 PM)alphanu Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 07:59 PM)r3ddvil Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 01:28 PM)alphanu Wrote: Hey @naytai  welcome.

No it is not. There are methods to use Intel and Nvidia. This will be posted in the knowledge base section  soon.

Great work - I've been using the mainline Retroarch with CRT emudriver on an old AMD card, but I'm looking forward to pitching it and using built in intel for retro and the Nvidia for modern titles. Any update to when the guide for Intel/Nvidia cards will be available? 

Thanks again for all the effort - it's been amazing to play on an old school TV so easily!!

Intel and Nvidia cards work with ease on Linux. To get them working on window you need to use CRU (Custom resolution utility) to install all the video modes needed. the resolution list can be found in the knowledge base here.

Having a devil of a time getting CRU to work (Win10) - I started trying to use the built in Intel but switched off and am now trying via Nvidia 1050Ti (displayport to VGA adapter) with little success. Is there a detailed guide online for total noobs that I can be directed to?

EDIT - got it working.
Hi Alphanu.

I'm following your work on last months and that made me buy a Sony CRT TV and a VGA/Component transcoder.

I was using SLI with two Nvidia 970 and got some good results. But after seeing some scaling resulting on image that is not perfect, the modelines limitations and not perfect refresh rate, I decided to remove one video card and bought an AMD 7750.
I have one Nvidia 970 on PCIE Slot 1 and one AMD 7750 on Slot 2 connected to my CRT TV through DVI-I to VGA adapter.

I made all the process to install CRT Emudriver and VMMaker modelines from your knowledge base.
RetroArch is setup to use Switchres, and is actually changing resolution based on core and game.
But the Refresh rate is always running as an integer. Snes games (snes9x) are running at 60hz not 59.92, which results on sound clicking. Same to GenplusGX.
Mortal Kombat 1 is running at 55hz, not at 54.706841
ArcadeOSD shows that the modelines are installed.

Can you help me on solving this?
I see that you already change the refresh rate on the fly after watching this video: https://youtu.be/ZqFpru_U83c

Second problem I'm facing is that PSX Mednafen is running on 320x240 (resulting on image distortions) or 640x480p (resulting on double image on CRT).
Its not getting the 640x480 interlaced modeline.

I appreciate if you could help me, I already made all I know to fix this.
I'm using Windows 10 x64.

Thx!
(03-10-2019, 04:36 PM)DarkStalker Wrote: Hi Alphanu.

I'm following your work on last months and that made me buy a Sony CRT TV and a VGA/Component transcoder.

I was using SLI with two Nvidia 970 and got some good results. But after seeing some scaling resulting on image that is not perfect, the modelines limitations and not perfect refresh rate, I decided to remove one video card and bought an AMD 7750.  
I have one Nvidia 970 on PCIE Slot 1 and one AMD 7750 on Slot 2 connected to my CRT TV  through DVI-I to VGA adapter.

I made all the process to install  CRT Emudriver and VMMaker modelines from your knowledge base.
RetroArch is setup to use Switchres, and is actually changing resolution based on core and game.
But the Refresh rate is always running as an integer. Snes games (snes9x) are running at 60hz not 59.92, which results on sound clicking. Same to GenplusGX.
Mortal Kombat 1 is running at 55hz, not at 54.706841
ArcadeOSD shows that the modelines are installed.

Can you help me on solving this?
I see that you already change the refresh rate on the fly after watching this video: https://youtu.be/ZqFpru_U83c

Second problem I'm facing is that PSX Mednafen is running on 320x240 (resulting on image distortions) or 640x480p (resulting on double image on CRT).
Its not getting the 640x480 interlaced modeline.

I appreciate if you could help me, I already made all I know to fix this.
I'm using Windows 10 x64.

Thx!

So, ATM refresh rates are locked to integers, this is due to limitations within Windows. Resolutions can not be installed with other cards so easily, if refresh rates are close VMMaker will install only one mode line and not two. This is why they have been lock that way ATM. There will be at some point new switching methods that will look for closed refresh that the core requests, I can not tell you yet when this will be though. 

Play station used many resolutions and is a pain to setup. you will need to change the setting for overscan in the core options. then you will need the folling resolutions:
  • 320 x 252 @ 50 PSXpal

• 384 x 252 @ 50 PSXpal

• 640 x 252 @ 50 PSXpal

• 640 x 540 @ 50 PSXpal

• 384 x 240 @ 50 PSXntsc

• 256 x 480 @ 60 PSXntsc

• 700 x 480 @ 60 PSXntsc

• 384 x 240 @ 60 PSXntsc

• 700 x 240 @ 60 PSXntsc
There are probably more than this but this should get you started.

Most PlayStation games are in 240p. There are a couple of exception to this Like Tekken but mostly they are 240p with 480i only used for the bios.
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios