• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Release
Its been a long time coming. However, here it is.

Prerequesits:

-Ensure your ROMS drive is installed in your PC so it is picked up during the install.

Installation requires 4 easy steps:

-Initial install requires an LCD.
-Install as you would any other OS - Follow the install steps.
-Just make sure you choose auto login during the installation.
-After install in the start menu you will find MME4CRT, Chose the option you want. Then reboot and switch to your CRT if you choose 15kz.

You will now have a fresh 15khz fresh install of Mubuntu that Boots straight into RetroArch. At this point you will need to use the retroarch menu to set your ROMS directory. Cores are already provided but may need updating, this is done in the usual ReroArch way.

This is still an early version and there are many improvements coming.

Download the install ISO here. you will find the download in the ISO folder called "Mubuntu-MME4CRT-desktop-amd64-v1.iso"

File is currently uploading. It should be available soon (1 Hour from this post)

-Ben
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

Cool Lubuntu + MME4CRT  Cool

Please donate to the project

YouTube Channel

Does this have ES?
Awesome, thank you! Will try it out soon. About the beta iso in the same folder, (1.69GB) does it have more features or should we ignore it?
(06-20-2019, 03:32 PM)rainbowroad Wrote: Awesome, thank you! Will try it out soon. About the beta iso in the same folder, (1.69GB) does it have more features or should we ignore it?

Please ignore the beta ISO.

-Ben

YouTube Channel

(06-20-2019, 03:09 PM)MrCoffee Wrote: Does this have ES?

No, It currently does not. It uses Retroarche RGUI.

I am working on either incorporating ES or create a more simplified Launcher.

-Ben

YouTube Channel

Hey, does this work with the UMSA (Ultimate SCART adapter) from arcade forge?

Thank you for the work!
(06-21-2019, 02:18 PM)Yuke Wrote: Hey, does this work with the UMSA (Ultimate SCART adapter) from arcade forge?

Thank you for the work!

Hey Yuke,

Yes, I don't see why not. MME4CRT will send a 15hkz RGB signal through your VGA connector. So, if the UMSA just converts that signal to combined sync RGB scart or component there should not be a problem.

-Ben

YouTube Channel

Tried it the other day and installation went pretty smooth. findings:

1. low resolution is only enabled when retroarch pops up, not directly from boot. As I don't own a J-PAC, I wait for about a minute before I turn on my crt (to prevent damage from resolutions it can't handle). How can I install?:
    15kz 240p boot menu (Grub)
  2. when quitting retroarch and I open a terminal via right mouse click, the computer freezes after about a minute and the crt screen goes black. Restart is needed from this point. I enter the terminal to manage the file system.
  3. ps3 dualshock controller configuration was not easy. hot plug doesn't seem to work. The bind all function under input is way too fast and the input is lost at a random point whilde doing this. Only after launching a game and choosing close content, the ds3 is recognised again. I managed to configure it by selecting all buttons individually and not via bind all.
  4. sometimes after closing content or when launching a game, retroarch or rgui is squashed, meaning two very large vertical borders on both sides. After reloading a game or closing it, the right resolution is restored.
  5. In the other thread in this forum you posted:
    Quote:
    • 1. Desktop resolution restore in case of MME4CRT crash 
    • 2. Terminal emulator 
    • 3. Web browser for rom download 
    • 5. MME4CRT Updater 
    • 6. Arandr to configure dual screens 

6. How is it possible to select this outside retroarch, or is it not implemented yet?
Otherwise things are working nicely, thanks.
Hi, I also tried the system, so far not much in deep, but I can say for shure it seems a little slow booting, maybe there are to many background "services" loading?
Installation: OK, first boot: OK, start menu -> install 15khz: no problem; maybe yes, it will need a user friendly frontend.

Thanks!
(06-24-2019, 05:29 PM)rainbowroad Wrote: Tried it the other day and installation went pretty smooth. findings:

1. low resolution is only enabled when retroarch pops up, not directly from boot. As I don't own a J-PAC, I wait for about a minute before I turn on my crt (to prevent damage from resolutions it can't handle). How can I install?:
    15kz 240p boot menu (Grub)
  2. when quitting retroarch and I open a terminal via right mouse click, the computer freezes after about a minute and the crt screen goes black. Restart is needed from this point. I enter the terminal to manage the file system.
  3. ps3 dualshock controller configuration was not easy. hot plug doesn't seem to work. The bind all function under input is way too fast and the input is lost at a random point whilde doing this. Only after launching a game and choosing close content, the ds3 is recognised again. I managed to configure it by selecting all buttons individually and not via bind all.
  4. sometimes after closing content or when launching a game, retroarch or rgui is squashed, meaning two very large vertical borders on both sides. After reloading a game or closing it, the right resolution is restored.
  5. In the other thread in this forum you posted:
    • 1. Desktop resolution restore in case of MME4CRT crash 
    • 2. Terminal emulator 
    • 3. Web browser for rom download 
    • 5. MME4CRT Updater 
    • 6. Arandr to configure dual screens 

6. How is it possible to select this outside retroarch, or is it not implemented yet?
Otherwise things are working nicely, thanks.

Most of these links will be found in the MME4CRT menu item when you right click. Some may not be working though.

Let me know what you find.

-Ben

YouTube Channel