• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird resolutions generated
First of all, popstarter is an emulator itself so I'm not inclined to trust it's output as any kind of representation of a real ps1.

Also, composite video is always going to be in a different position to RGB (shifted right) as it has extra information in the hblank period that RGB doesn't.

That said, the output we have at the moment is a safe "one size fits all" as we cannot make a special case for every system because right now, we can't differentiate between the cores so only individual resolutions can be calculated and not all consoles/systems had the same h/vblank timings per resolution.

In honesty your NES resolution looks quite wide there, I do wonder what crop settings you have enabled/disabled in the core AND retroarch as these make a big difference. I will post my comparison of genesis plus gx to a real megadrive later as well as mame for neo geo cd but I can tell you now, they are quite close by my eye.

As Alphanu said, we can't account for everyone's TVs, they are all different and calibrated differently. What you may consider "calibrated" may in fact be quite wrong, especially if you have done so using popstation or a composite video source. It depends what you will be using the monitor for, if it's rgb then calibrate to that. TVs in my opinion should never be adjusted. If you have picture issues, it's either a poor set or has an electrical fault. Usually capacitors.

I will at some point make a sticky with retroarch and core options that should be set for accurate output.

Messages In This Thread
Weird resolutions generated - by kamicane - 03-12-2019, 02:18 PM
RE: Weird resolutions generated - by alphanu - 03-12-2019, 02:41 PM
RE: Weird resolutions generated - by kamicane - 03-12-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: Weird resolutions generated - by kamicane - 03-13-2019, 05:41 AM
RE: Weird resolutions generated - by retrorepair - 03-13-2019, 01:40 PM
RE: Weird resolutions generated - by kamicane - 03-13-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: Weird resolutions generated - by retrorepair - 03-15-2019, 09:10 PM