• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Interlaced bug fix. All new CRT_DYNAMIC_VSYNC
New dynamic VSYNC fixes the interlaced bug on Linux and possible for windows. It also reduced input lag.

Check out the video here.
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

Tried out this new version by installed retroarch using your MME4CRT-Auto-Script:

1. Interlaced works now at 60fps
  2. With mednafen beetle psx: black vertical borders on both left and right side in interlaced screens, this is not correct.
  3. Install script shows that MME4CRT 2.0 is installed, however the improvements from MME4CRT_v2.0 don't seem to be present in the main repository, for example no audio stutter or faster/better switching.
I have updared the script asn this should have been just MME4CRT

The faster switching is tired into the monitor index. When set it does not need to enumerate the devices.

Audio stutter, I have not done any work with audio. What I have does is notice different drivers need to have different setting to remove this stutter.

PSX an probably some other resolutions have had issues in the past. One of the culprits is integer scale, this needs to be turned off.

There is a whole new porch algorythm since yeststerday. Which works a lot better. You can pull it from Github or run the script again.

Nice, thanks for the updates.

What I mean with audio/switch improvements with v2.0 is the improvments you mentioned in the first post of this thread:
https://forums.libretro.com/t/new-crtswi...arch/20513

You mentioned:
Quote:- Threaded switching has been implemented. This will help prevent audio stutter when switching .

I have tried the newest build with your changes from yesterday. Unfortunately, I still have these issues:
- With mednafen beetle psx: black vertical borders on both left and right side in interlaced screens, this is not correct. I'm not sure if this is because beetle psx reports some resolutions not or not correctly?
- white screen artefacts (white lines and weird shapes) when switching
- audio stutter when switching resolutions

These issues did not occur when I used mme4crt v2.0 (except for some light screen artefacts between switching resolutions) in combination with groovyarcade 2018. Just wondering, will the changes from the v2.0 repository be merged to the main repository or is it considered obsolete?
I removed threaded switching due a large but. However, resolution switching was increased using the new swithing method. These have been merged  into MME4CRT. 

As for PSX it us changed fine for me and other. It could be option issues or retroarch.cfg conflicts. You could try renaming the config so you have a back up and let RA create another one.

I decided to do further investigation and it seems a lot of stuff has been added to Retroarch video driver which has caused issues.

Can you test this build?

https://github.com/alphanu1/MME4CRT-Stable

Compiled and tested:
- no differences from the results I posted in my previous posts Sad

I would like to test v2.0 (with the multithreading) on lubuntu to see if it works a lot better there as well (just as on groovyarcade) but it still has the interlaced bug that was fixed in the main repository. I was able to test 2.0 on groovyarcade 2018 because it doesn't suffer from the interlaced bug there. I guess calamity fixed interlaced there already, or used older or optimized packages?

Of course, it might be that groovyarcade just played very well with 2.0, and lubuntu doesn't. I'll give it a try in the weekend, perhaps I'll post some videos to give you more insight in what I'm experiencing.

Also there is a new 2019 build of groovyarcade, curious how it performs.
As you reverted the interlaced fix and will apply a patch to Mubuntu's kernel, my Lubuntu install doesn't play well with interlaced in combination with your latest version of mme4rt.

Luckily, GroovyArcade also has a patched kernel (4.20) for the interlaced issue, so I tested the latest version of mme4crt with that, see this video:

Video: GroovyArcade 2019 with MME4CRT

I tested Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII and Super Familiy Tennis (Sony PVM 20", ATI). Results:

Chrono Cross:
- Still light graphic artefacts when switching from in-game/overworld (progressive) to the games menu (interlaced). sometimes the desktop background is visible and divided in weird shapes across the screen, other times there are white triangles and squares at random places, albeit very shortly. I changed my desktop background to a the gamesblack colour and the artefacts are hardly visible since (but possibly still there but invisible).
- Audio stutter at the start screen (between 01:08-01:09) when switching to and from the games menu (few times between 01:52-02:09).

Final Fantasy VII:
- The game switches from 320x240 (progressive) in-game/overworld to the 364x240 menu (also progressive), which give the same artefacts and audio stutter as mentioned above. I thougt it was interesting to mention because it shows the problems do not occur only between switching from progressive to interlaced, but als between only progressive resolutions. FF VIII suffers from the same problems as FFVII.

Super Family Tennis (Snes):
- Game switches between 512x448 (or 480?) (progressive) and 512x224 (or 240?) (interlaced). Suffers from beforementioned artefacts and audio stutter.

I could see the actual resolutions by turning on the CRT Switchres Debug Option, great.
In conclusion, it seems that the experience is better than last time. The switching is very fast already but not yet completely bugfree / exactly the same as real hardware. Nonetheless it's awesome.