• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified Beetle Saturn to work correctly with CRTSwitchRes
So, Beetle Saturn does not report correct resolutions that the native hardware used.

This has been patched for CRTSwitchRes and can be compiled from source.

Linux users can compile the source from here,

I will upload windows cores soon.

Download the windows version here.

Download the Linux version here.
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

Nice! Don't you think Bettle PSX have the same problem?

Tomb Raider, for example, runs at 368x240, but Retroarch and Bettle PSX is not reporting that resolution.
Yes, to be honest I think that all the beetle core are like this. Hopefully, at some point these will get patched too.

Are you sure 368 is correct? That sounds like a resolution with borders/porches. Where did you get that info from?

Alphanu is right though, because of the hard set borders on the beetle cores, most don't report resolution correctly. Sadly there seems to be little to no interest to resolve that. Sure between me an alphanu we can make some working forks until it is.
(02-17-2019, 11:34 AM)retrorepair Wrote: Are you sure 368 is correct? That sounds like a resolution with borders/porches. Where did you get that info from?

Alphanu is right though, because of the hard set borders on the beetle cores, most don't report resolution correctly. Sadly there seems to be little to no interest to resolve that. Sure between me an alphanu we can make some working forks until it is.

Yes. I got that info from another emulator called pSX. Pressing the tab button while running a game will display a lot of information about it, including the actual internal resolution.

If you use Retroarch with the "box-center" shader, you will see the picture cutted (very noticeable when entering the inventory menu, because some text is cutted).
(02-17-2019, 01:30 PM)tisurame Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 11:34 AM)retrorepair Wrote: Are you sure 368 is correct? That sounds like a resolution with borders/porches. Where did you get that info from?

Yes. I got that info from another emulator called pSX. Pressing the tab button while running a game will display a lot of information about it, including the actual internal resolution.

If you use Retroarch with the "box-center" shader, you will see the picture cutted (very noticeable when entering the inventory menu, because some text is cutted).

OK, I will have a look at what the Beetle PSX core reports for this game.