• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MME4CRT Calculator for Dynamic width (Windows)
Hi All,

I have completed the dynamic width calculator for use with windows. The dynamic width will change may times depending on the core running. This means you might end up with a fair few resolution. However, they will look a lot better than standard super resolutions.

It will calculate the super width needed to use DYNAMIC within MME4CRT.

Install your resolution with this super width via your desired program.

This can be downloaded form here.

This is for use with 1.7.6.3 or greater, which will be uploaded soon.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

(02-15-2019, 04:07 PM)alphanu Wrote: Hi All,

I have completed the dynamic width calculator for use with windows. The dynamic width will change may times depending on the core running. This means you might end up with a fair few resolution. However, they will look a lot better than standard super resolutions.

It will calculate the super width needed to use DYNAMIC within MME4CRT.

Install your resolution with this super width via your desired program.

This can be downloaded form here.

This is for use with 1.7.6.3 or greater, which will be uploaded soon.

Hi alphanu,
this is very interesting
How should this tool be used exactly? If i wanted to run the mame arcade games using this, would that mean i need to calculate every single arcade resolution and afterwards add all those using vmmaker through a modelist or is this tool capable creating the modelines on the fly?
On your youtube video and it looks great but you seem to be mainly testing with consoles for now
I am using the mame 0.206 through the official latest mame core mainly doh
On more thing, i have a radeon card, HD8750, will that work too?

thanks for putting in the effort to go the CRT way! :-)
Hi @Edomatic

You can just use normal super resolutions for ease. This will work just fine. Only difference, they must be installed in static mode. Not dynamic.

If you want to take advantage of the dynamic width, yes you will need to calculate the width using this tool then install the resolutions.

So you resolution list would look something like

dynamic width x 224 @ 60.000000
dynamic width x 224 @ 50.000000

dynamic width x 240 @ 60.000000
dynamic width x 240 @ 50.000000

dynamic width x 256 @ 55.000000

dynamic width x 256 @ 50.000000

And so on. These modes will also need to be installed in static mode via VMMaker
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

(02-21-2019, 08:52 AM)alphanu Wrote: Hi @Edomatic

You can just use normal super resolutions for ease. This will work just fine. Only difference, they must be installed in static mode. Not dynamic.

If you want to take advantage of the dynamic width, yes you will need to calculate the width using this tool then install the resolutions.

So you resolution list would look something like

dynamic width x 224 @ 60.000000
dynamic width x 224 @ 50.000000

dynamic width x 240 @ 60.000000
dynamic width x 240 @ 50.000000

dynamic width x 256 @ 55.000000

dynamic width x 256 @ 50.000000

And so on. These modes will also need to be installed in static mode via VMMaker

ok thanks Alphanu i will try that
So far i have a real bad time getting games to use the auto resolution switch, most of them stick with 640x480 for some reason 
Others switch to the super resolution automatically ( like Gdarius on mame core)
I am not sure why that happens yet, when i made your mode-list, i did set it to static , then generate  modelines (when i do that i did notice that some off thse modelines are converted (?) to something close to let's say 60hz rather than 50hz specifically
So for example 320x224@ 60HZ becomes 2560x224@59,XXX or something , but not 60HZ exaclty..could i be doing using vmmaker in the wrong way to import the resolution list perhaps?
so my steps are user tab, i browse to where i have the modeline.ini files with your suggested minimum super resolutions, then i go to generate, then install modelines