• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMECRT x RetroArch
Hello, @alphanu

There's one thing that is not clear to me

From now on, your work regarding CRTSwitchres will only be available through MME4CRT builds or it wil be merged to Retroarch upstream as well?

Thanks!
No, RetroArch will get some merges from MME4CRT. However, some additions will not. This is because they may be deemed unneeded for the masses.
MME4CRT Founder / Developer. 

PayPal   YouTube   Alphanu Game Studios

what are this features "unneeded for masses"
Dynamic VSYNC. Which is used to reduce lag and for interlaced resolutions but this changes the internal working of the video diver so it not mergable. CRTSwitRes Debug mode to name 2.

There are others and I'm sure there will be more.

-Ben

i think the most value feature is the support for nvidia and intel gpu. this mean no need for crtemudriver hw. i think masses want this. i want to use my gtx1080 for my emulators and i want 15khz support too. can u realize this in future? and what about dynamic on raspberry? can we have it in future?
(02-26-2019, 03:51 PM)alphanu Wrote: Dynamic VSYNC. Which is used to reduce lag and for interlaced resolutions but this changes the internal working of the video diver so it not mergable. CRTSwitRes Debug mode to name 2.

-Ben

compared with Dynamic VSYNC,can I get less lag with no vsync?
https://youtu.be/qKpZ8zREvDI
(02-26-2019, 07:30 PM)FreZeeN Wrote: i think the most value feature is the support for nvidia and intel gpu. this mean no need for crtemudriver hw. i think masses want this. i want to use my gtx1080 for my emulators and i want 15khz support too. can u realize this in future? and what about dynamic on raspberry? can we have it in future?

Intel and Nvidia are already working really well on Linux. When it comes to windows, they should work will in super resolution but this stops the correct width being reported so some games will look like there the wrong aspect. This is also true for ATI when it comes to super resolutions. This is where DYNAMIC SUPER WIDTH This is working flawlessly on Linux and is available for windows but is not that easy to set up.

I have a GTX1050ti running Linux MME4CRT in DYNAMIC mode and thus far everything is working great.

When you ask about dynamic on the raspberry pi do you just mean resolution switching of DYNAMIC SUPER WIDTH? on-the-fly switching is already available on the RPi. DYNAMIC SUPER WIDTH has been incorporated but not currently working to well.

(02-27-2019, 04:37 AM)yuuyuubaishu Wrote:
(02-26-2019, 03:51 PM)alphanu Wrote: Dynamic VSYNC. Which is used to reduce lag and for interlaced resolutions but this changes the internal working of the video diver so it not mergable. CRTSwitRes Debug mode to name 2.

-Ben

compared with Dynamic VSYNC,can I get less lag with no vsync?
https://youtu.be/qKpZ8zREvDI

It will be negligible. But at the moment DYNAMIC VSYNC is still in early stated and does have some judder and occasional tearing ATM when the refresh if not around 60hz.

can mme4crt to be ported and included in batocera linux distro? batocera start from usb too and its a linux os ready to go for retrogaming.
(02-28-2019, 06:07 PM)FreZeeN Wrote: can mme4crt to be ported and included in batocera linux distro? batocera start from usb too and its a linux os ready to go for retrogaming.

It should be simple to compile on other distros. The only prerequisites is x11 

Do you know what the distro is based on?

-Ben